Regional Sales Manager - Northwest USA & Canada (British Columbia/Alberta) - CPG Industry
- Direct technical sales to clients in mainly the CPG industry and managing the business in such a way that it meets budgeted goals and stated objectives.
- Direct sales to current customers, prospects and leads in the specified territory.
- Indirect sales through established agents and OEM partners and development of new sales channels in the specified territory.
- Lead generation and lead follow-up, establish networking relationship with clients and partners in order to maximize sales opportunities.
- Reporting of sales and competitor activities in territory utilizing the corporate IT infrastructure (CRM)
- Support marketing activities such as exhibitions and conferences in order to create a positive corporate image, in line with the corporate identity and design guidelines.
- Manage all aspects of sales within agreed guidelines and existing corporate policies.
- Conduct/host factory or onsite system demonstrations and acceptance tests and provide convincing presentations to new and existing customers and partners.
- Identify new business opportunities and provide proposals on how to develop them.
- Help clients analyze their needs and provide advice on how OCS equipment can provide solutions. Involve the parent company when required.
- Continuously provide the local management with information on the competition and about their approach to the market place.
- Openly and constructively exchange and communicate with the local management about the needs of the US and Canadian markets, product development in Germany and other important information mutually beneficial.
- 5 years or more in selling complex capital goods – packaging machinery sales experience preferred.
- Ability to successfully communicate with the Management of WIPOTEC in Germany.
- Knowledge of the food packaging or process industry. Understanding of Checkweigher, X-Ray scanner and/or Inspection technology used for food products preferred.
- Proven record of strong revenue growth and improvement of operating margins.
- Success in relationship building with both Fortune 500 and smaller end-users, as well as distribution channels.
- Willingness to travel in approx. sixty (60) percent of the time, including travel to Wipotec in Germany.
- BS or equivalent technical experience Engineering, Science or Physics.
- Solid technical understanding / Technical affinity
- Home office location needs to be within a 50 miles radius of a major metropolitan area/airport.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with and relate to all associates at WIPOTEC.
- Analytical, forward thinking and visionary skills that have contributed to measurable success in past positions.
- Strong sales and creative marketing skills and the ability to strengthen existing and to build new and lasting relationships with customers and suppliers alike.
- Good judgment, common sense, and problem solving skills. Must be able to be flexible and adapt to changes while planning.
- Solutions-oriented thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects and expectations of external clients and internal team members. Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively.
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite programs: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Home office in Northern CA, WA, OR, or ID
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience including base salary, bonus opportunity and a competitive benefits program.
We are looking forward to receiving your resume and cover letter. Please submit directly to hr.us(at)wipotec.com, you can also mail us your resume to: WIPOTEC-OCS, Inc. | c/o HR Department | 825 Marathon Parkway | Lawrenceville, GA 30046
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. Learn your EEO rights as an applicant under the law.